Accessing data from a BLE Generic (custom) HID peripheral on Windows

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RiMo_301056
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

Hello,

I have designed a BLE peripheral that implements a composite HID device consisting of:

• HID keyboard
  • HID mouse
  • HID generic/custom device

I can pair the device with a Windows10 PC, the keyboard and mouse both function as expected.

The generic (custom) HID profile is intended to exchange data between the peripheral and a custom application running on the PC.

Could someone kindly point me in the right direction on how to exchange (receive and transmit) data from a Windows application to a generic/custom HID BLE device?

I know how to handle the problem on the peripheral side (PSoC 4 BLE), but have no experience on doing so in Windows.

Where could I find come code examples? The preferred SDK on Windows would be Xamarin.

But any code example (also for other SDKs) would be very welcome in helping me getting started.

Thank you for any suggestion!

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Ricardo,

We have windows  'CySmart'  Bluetooth App but the CySmart source code for windows tool is internal and cannot be shared. However, we do provide C# API reference guide for CySmart , which can be refereed to develop your own custom App.

The C# API reference document can be downloaded from below link -

https://www.cypress.com/file/232791/download

Also , you can refer a simple demo project from below thread ( Thread Response #4)

CySmart API C# example

-Gyan

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Ricardo,

We have windows  'CySmart'  Bluetooth App but the CySmart source code for windows tool is internal and cannot be shared. However, we do provide C# API reference guide for CySmart , which can be refereed to develop your own custom App.

The C# API reference document can be downloaded from below link -

https://www.cypress.com/file/232791/download

Also , you can refer a simple demo project from below thread ( Thread Response #4)

CySmart API C# example

-Gyan