About debug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ZONDAR1
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I'm now using a MiniProg3/kitprog3 to debug the board. Due to certain restrictions, I am wondering if i can debug it without the Reset cable, only using 5V, GND, SWDIO and SWCLK. Or is the Reset cable essential for debugging ?

If it is realizable, how should i set the configuration ?

Best regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hello,

I understand that you are using a system power supply, not MiniProg.

When powering from MiniProg with USB bus power(200mA or less), you can debug without a reset signal, however in the case of system power supply, I think that it can not be supported even in power cycle mode.

In that case, I can only think of way to connecting the PSoC4 XRES and the MiniProg XRES.

I'm sorry for not being able to help.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

May I know which board it is?

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes

Hi Aditi,

Thanks for your reply.

It is a customized board using 4000s (CY8C4025LQS-S411).

Best regards

0 Likes
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

If your debugger is PSoC Creator, I think you can do it by following the steps below.

If you're using ModusToolbox or something else, I don't know how to do it right.

(1) Select the following in PSoC Creator.

[Debug] - [Select Target and Debug]

MaMi_1205306_0-1643344256433.png

(2) Select [Port Settings].

And by changing the "Acquire Mode" from "Reset" to "Power Cycle", the device can be recognized without connecting XRES.

MaMi_1205306_2-1643344432120.png

Reset : Assert the reset signal and enable the SWD terminal at the timing of reset release.

Power Cycle : Enable the SWD terminal when the power is turned on again after the power is turned off without using the reset signal.

With the above settings, I tried with MiniProg3 and PSoC4000S Prototyping Kit, the debugger starts normally without using XRES.

Does your system run on power from the MiniProg?

Or is it powered by system power?

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi MaMi, 

Thanks for your reply. 

The board is powered by system power. 

I have followed the steps that you supplied.  It could be debugged powered by MiniProg while couldn't  by system power. 

Best regards

0 Likes
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

I understand that you are using a system power supply, not MiniProg.

When powering from MiniProg with USB bus power(200mA or less), you can debug without a reset signal, however in the case of system power supply, I think that it can not be supported even in power cycle mode.

In that case, I can only think of way to connecting the PSoC4 XRES and the MiniProg XRES.

I'm sorry for not being able to help.

Regards,

0 Likes