ADC on CY8C4014PVI-42

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hesc_1314511
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

Hallo, about CY8C4014PVI-42, has it ADC? I tried on Psoc creator, and a message say to me, I need to use the capsens, is it?thanks John

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @hesc_1314511,

The CY8C4014PVI-42 has limited ADC function provided by capacitance sensing block. The CapSense block can also be re-purposed to implement a limited ADC function, which is only available when not using the block for capacitive sensing.

You can refer to the Code Example ‘CSD ADC with multiple inputs example project’ in PSoC creator to implement the ADC using CSD_ADC.

Please let us know if further clarification is required.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Raj_C

Hi @hesc_1314511,

The CY8C4014PVI-42 has limited ADC function provided by capacitance sensing block. The CapSense block can also be re-purposed to implement a limited ADC function, which is only available when not using the block for capacitive sensing.

You can refer to the Code Example ‘CSD ADC with multiple inputs example project’ in PSoC creator to implement the ADC using CSD_ADC.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes

hallo, I have another question, I see it has I2C , is it possible also Uart interface? I need a 485 external interface, but usually I use Uart connection, do you have a solution for this?

Thanks

John

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @hesc_1314511,

Yes, it is possible to use UART interface for this device. It is already implemented in the  ‘CSD ADC with multiple inputs example project’  and you can also refer to the Code Example 'CE195379 – Software Transmit UART with PSoC 3, PSoC 4 and PSoC 5LP' to implement it.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes