ADC increase the sample rate

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
sera_pani
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

Dear all,

I am new to the CYPRESS microcontrollers. I am using the CY8CKIT-043 and  I want to utilize the ADC peripheral. I used the example CE195275 – Sequencing SAR ADC and Die Temperature Sensor with PSoC 4. In my application , I want to measure a current through a current sense amplifier and convert it to a digital signal. My problem relates to the fact that the adc of the example project has a maximum  sample rate of 390, while in my application I would like a sample rate of 10000 samples/second. Could you help me, how to achieve that ?  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

You can select the sample rate option directly and give the sample rate between the permissible limits or configure the clock in such a way that actual sample rate is within the expected values. See that in the example averaging is enabled for channels and 256 samples are taken, additionally acquisition time is also higher. These values affect the sample rate achieved finally.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies