1 capsense button per multilple sensor vs 1 capsense button per 1 sensor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bugkiller
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 50 sign-ins First like received

Hi, So I'm doing some project that using capsense touch button. I need 6 touch button total, and I notice that either I can add 6 different button(each buttons have there unique sensor), OR, add only '1' button that has multiple sensor(which is 6)

bugkiller_0-1672206270773.png

Is there any difference between two of configuration? Sometimes, when I use 1 capsense button per multilple sensor, it goes to hardfault and all the capsense button going to dead.  

Best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
ChiP_16
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 5 likes given 5 solutions authored

Hi bugkiller,

When you use 1 CapSense button with multiple sensors, widget parameters are applied to all sensors. It is ok if the buttons sensors are the same size. However, if the buttons are different size or have different layout, you lose the function to tune individual sensor. We typically use multiple sensors for slider as the sensors are same size, shape and next to each other.

Note that API call is also different, Cy_CapSense_IsSensorActive vs Cy_CapSense_IsWidgetActive.

ChiP_16_0-1672370454845.png

Regards,

Pong

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ChiP_16
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 5 likes given 5 solutions authored

Hi bugkiller,

When you use 1 CapSense button with multiple sensors, widget parameters are applied to all sensors. It is ok if the buttons sensors are the same size. However, if the buttons are different size or have different layout, you lose the function to tune individual sensor. We typically use multiple sensors for slider as the sensors are same size, shape and next to each other.

Note that API call is also different, Cy_CapSense_IsSensorActive vs Cy_CapSense_IsWidgetActive.

ChiP_16_0-1672370454845.png

Regards,

Pong

0 Likes