Re: NAC1080 iOS APP Initial setting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sparefroh
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First question asked First reply posted

Hi, I have a similar issue. After installing the iOS app I was asked to accept the license and to enter my name.
Afterwards, I cannot add any locks (the dev board actually), the site remains empty accept for illustrating my name. Any ideas?
thanks a lot and best regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Kanahaiya_K
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @sparefroh ,

Thanks for sharing the details.

The basic principle of the NFC operation  is Inductive coupling. So, the proper placement of phone with the Antenna is necessary.Before procceding ahead with setting up of the lock, firstly check the position of the Antenna in your iphone model which you are using  . 

Follow the below mentioned steps to proceed ahead to setup the lock.
1. Click on the "Lock" button .
2. Align properly the Antenna of mobile phone with the Dev Kit.
3.A popup notice will appear requesting you to log in the first time you connect the mobile application to the evaluation board. 
4.The "setup" option will appear in the top right corner of the new page that you are directed .
5.Click on the Setup option .In this screen you can configure the new lock.
6.Enter the Lock name, Supervisor key, and password in order to prooced ahead.
7. Save the configuration and again align the phone antenna with dev kit to continue.

Note:- I have tested it with an Iphone 12 Mini, and it worked perfectly for me. I have attached the screenshot for your reference. 

Please check it on your end and let me know your feedback.

Regards,
Kanahaiya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Kanahaiya_K

Hello @sparefroh ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the error you encountered while setting up the lock so that we can get started with the analysis?

Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes
lock attach
sparefroh
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First question asked First reply posted

Hi @Kanahaiya_K ,

I do not receive any error message, the setup process does not start (it is not possible to register a lock).

Please find attached the sequence of screenshots after installing the app.

However, the dev_board works fine with my Android device.

Best regards

0 Likes
lock attach
Kanahaiya_K

Hello @sparefroh ,

Thanks for sharing the details.

The basic principle of the NFC operation  is Inductive coupling. So, the proper placement of phone with the Antenna is necessary.Before procceding ahead with setting up of the lock, firstly check the position of the Antenna in your iphone model which you are using  . 

Follow the below mentioned steps to proceed ahead to setup the lock.
1. Click on the "Lock" button .
2. Align properly the Antenna of mobile phone with the Dev Kit.
3.A popup notice will appear requesting you to log in the first time you connect the mobile application to the evaluation board. 
4.The "setup" option will appear in the top right corner of the new page that you are directed .
5.Click on the Setup option .In this screen you can configure the new lock.
6.Enter the Lock name, Supervisor key, and password in order to prooced ahead.
7. Save the configuration and again align the phone antenna with dev kit to continue.

Note:- I have tested it with an Iphone 12 Mini, and it worked perfectly for me. I have attached the screenshot for your reference. 

Please check it on your end and let me know your feedback.

Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes

Hi @Kanahaiya_K,

thanks a lot for your support!
The important step was actually step 1, as I was not able to figure out how to initialize the setup process before your explanation.

Thank you once again and best regards