NAC1080 UART communications.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NRadnitz
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi.

I am currently trying to setup UART on this device to help with debugging. Using the SDK I have managed to setup ports, port speed, FIFO levels etc but haven't managed to work out how you send data to the UART for transmission via the GPIO? I found the function transmit_bytes in the uart_drv.h but it has no field to pass data into it. I suspect I have missed something pretty obvious and would appreciate a point in the right direction.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Currently, there is no software support in the ROM library nor in the SDK, so the UART cannot be used as a standard UART. Software support may be added to the SDK in the future. Only NFC-like functionality can be used as described on page 44 of the NAC1080 Software development guide.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Currently, there is no software support in the ROM library nor in the SDK, so the UART cannot be used as a standard UART. Software support may be added to the SDK in the future. Only NFC-like functionality can be used as described on page 44 of the NAC1080 Software development guide.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes