[NAC1080]Regarding the operation of the DEV_KIT_NAC1080 board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
u-s
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted First like received

Hello everyone,

I am evaluating with DEV_KIT_NAC1080.
https://www.infineon.com/cms/jp/product/evaluation-boards/dev_kit_nac1080/

I moved my smartphone away from the antenna while I was locking the NAC1080 with my smartphone (during motor rotation). At this time, the rotation of the motor stopped.
In this case, is there a way to check the rotated angle of the motor and the status of the NAC1080?

Best Regards
u-s

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kanahaiya_K
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hi @u-s ,
The mobile applications software  does not have a specific parameter setting for the rotation angle. But, via the mobile app, the maximum total run duration (in milliseconds) and the motor rotation mode—single one step or multi-step (voltage-based is preferred)—can be set up, and the needed rotation angle can be experimentally found.

The firmware regulates the rotation angle based on how long the H bridge (and motor) are turned on for. The firmware is modified, and the time is then modified by experimenting with various values for a particular motor.

Best Regards,
Kanahaiya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Kanahaiya_K

Hi @u-s ,

NAC1080 has 7 programmable and configurable General Purpose Input/ Outputs and has SPI master/ slave transceiver with Rx/ Tx FIFOs. You can check the angle of the motor by using the Encoder and configuring it .

When the phone is moved away from the antenna,the rotation process of the motor is restarting ,it will not resume.It is possible to change the resume process by changing the source code of the firmware.

It is possible to change the clamping voltage ,start voltage ,stop voltage ,run time & steps movement by  using the NAC1080 app. Go to the control tab of the app and change the parameter as per your requirement.Write these parameters to the IC and then you can lock/unlock it.

Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
u-s
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, Kanahaiya

Thank you for your answer.

I understand that it is possible to set the operating conditions of the motor using the NAC1080 application.
Would it be possible to provide an explanatory document about the setting contents of the control tab of the NAC1080 application?
If there is no explanatory document , could you tell me the details of each setting item?
For example,
Meaning of items, configurable content or numerical range, motor operation depending on settings, etc...

Best Regards
u-s

0 Likes
Kanahaiya_K

Hi @u-s ,

NAC1080 is a NFC actuation controller which is operated in the Passive modes.So,no external power supply is required to power on.It can be configured in three different methods for motor rotation.
Please have a look on the attached image for more details.

Kumarkanahai_0-1677593068179.pngStart voltage:- This is the voltage across the capacitor at which the on cycle will start and motor will start rotating.

Calmping volatge:- This is the volatge across the capacitor Cb .It is responsible to supply the supplies the CPU and peripherals of the device .There is 3 levelof voltage for clamping which 3, 3.3 & 3.6 volts .Please refer to the section 2.6 of the application note for the selection of the Cb Capacitor.

Max total run time :-  This is the total time for which motor can be rotated. Once, the run time will be over then the motor will stop the rotation in single step rotation.Whereas In the voltage controlled stepwise rotation ,the runtime will be calculated for each step.

Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes
u-s
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, Kanahaiya

Thanks to your answer, I understood the setting contents of the control tab of the NAC1080 application.
Also, Could you tell me how to setting the rotation angle of the motor?

Best Regards
u-s

0 Likes
Kanahaiya_K

Hi @u-s ,
The mobile applications software  does not have a specific parameter setting for the rotation angle. But, via the mobile app, the maximum total run duration (in milliseconds) and the motor rotation mode—single one step or multi-step (voltage-based is preferred)—can be set up, and the needed rotation angle can be experimentally found.

The firmware regulates the rotation angle based on how long the H bridge (and motor) are turned on for. The firmware is modified, and the time is then modified by experimenting with various values for a particular motor.

Best Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes