How to import a component from the community?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KyCl_4704321
Level 1
Level 1

i recently downloaded the WS281xlib component and am trying to add it to a project of mine. i go through the step of importing at shown on the website but i cannot figure out how to be able to atually drag the component into my design. can someone please help me?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi KyCl_4704321​,

If the importing of the component is successful you should be able to find the component in the Component Catalog. Can you try providing the lib file as a dependency to the project and check if you are able to find the component in the Component Catalog?

To add a dependency to your project, right-click on the project name in Workspace Explorer and then select Dependencies.

Can you please let us know the steps you followed to import the component? Also, can you please attach the component files and the project so that we can try to import the component and share it with you?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi KyCl_4704321​,

If the importing of the component is successful you should be able to find the component in the Component Catalog. Can you try providing the lib file as a dependency to the project and check if you are able to find the component in the Component Catalog?

To add a dependency to your project, right-click on the project name in Workspace Explorer and then select Dependencies.

Can you please let us know the steps you followed to import the component? Also, can you please attach the component files and the project so that we can try to import the component and share it with you?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes