Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
stevenzhang
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

We are using CY7C53150 Neuron chip, the external flash memory used is AT29C512. But this 29C type of flash memory is EOL and no more replacement can be found in market. Can someone advise what is the alternative external flash memory I can use? I have identified SST39SF010A, but this chip does not appear in the supported flash list of CY7C53150. In fact, only 29Cxxxx is supported. 

I programed SST39SF010A with the same image loaded in orginal AT29C512, but the program does not load into CY7C53150 as expected. Please help to suggest an alternative part to AT29C512. Thanks!  

1 Solution
AjayB_76
100 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 questions asked

Infineon portfolio doesnt have a Flash device compatible with this. I found a knowledge base article about the replacement for flash devices in the web - https://edgesupport.diasemi.com/hc/en-us/articles/202595094-Flash-parts-compatible-with-the-3150-Neu... 

Can you check if it helps? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AjayB_76

Infineon portfolio doesnt have a Flash device compatible with this. I found a knowledge base article about the replacement for flash devices in the web - https://edgesupport.diasemi.com/hc/en-us/articles/202595094-Flash-parts-compatible-with-the-3150-Neu... 

Can you check if it helps? 

0 Likes

Thanks for replying my post.

According to the link, the only replacement flash is GLS29EExxx. In fact, AT29Cxxx is EOL long time back, so we are already using GLS29EE512. The problem is, now Greenliant (the supplier) has also announced that GLS29EExxx is going EOL. This means there won't be any flash memory supporting CY7C53150 soon. Will Infineon EOL this Neuron chip as well? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
AjayB_76

As of now some Neuron chips are in production.

We will follow standard policy of EOLing devices by giving appropriate notice ( initially put under NRND [not recommended for new designs] and giving a notice). So you can watch out our website for any notices on EOL of the device.

0 Likes