What is "Reel ID"?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TakMune
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
First like given 100 sign-ins First solution authored

I would like to bind the Batch ID(QR code) printed on the card included in OPTIGA Trust M IoT Security Development Kit.

When I read the QR code(Batch ID), a "Reel ID" is requested to input. 

What do I input as "Reel ID"?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShivaSai_S
25 replies posted 25 likes received First like given

Hi @TakMune ,

Sorry, the reel id is not the board id. When you purchase the product the reel id is provided in the letter as shown in below figure.

sss_551_0-1671008094057.png

Reel id is unique per reel (a box with 4k chips), batch ID is a number which describes the delivery uniquely, if it's only one chip, then it points to one chip, if it is a reel, then it points to the reel.

For more information, refer this link

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShivaSai_S

Hi @TakMune ,

Can you please check with the Board ID in the place of Reel ID and see if it allows you to bind the device?

Thanks,

Shiva Sai  

0 Likes
TakMune
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
First like given 100 sign-ins First solution authored

Thank you for your answer!

I could bind the device, using "Board ID".

"Batch ID" and "Reel ID(Board ID)" are a unique number for each OPTIGA TRUST M EXPRESS chip?

0 Likes
ShivaSai_S

Hi @TakMune ,

Sorry, the reel id is not the board id. When you purchase the product the reel id is provided in the letter as shown in below figure.

sss_551_0-1671008094057.png

Reel id is unique per reel (a box with 4k chips), batch ID is a number which describes the delivery uniquely, if it's only one chip, then it points to one chip, if it is a reel, then it points to the reel.

For more information, refer this link

0 Likes