Use OPTIGA Trust M instead of Trust Charge for Qi auth evaluation?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
totem
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Hi forum,

I am wondering if I can use OPTIGA Trust M instead of Trust Charge for evaluation purpose of Qi Wireless Power Transmitter Authentication. I compared both datasheets and I see that "Cryptographic Data and Key Objects" of OPTIGA Trust M is a superset of OPTIGA Trust Charge. So, I believe we can load WPC test certificates to certificate chain slots of Trust M (preferably slot 0) and use it for Qi Authentication. Please share your thoughts and let me know if there are any limitations.

Help is much appreciated.

Optiga_trust_charge_keystore.png

Optiga_trust_m_keystore.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Karishma_S
50 solutions authored First comment on blog 250 sign-ins

Hi @totem,

You can use OPTIGA Trust M instead of OPTIGA Trust charge for testing purposes only. Follow the below steps for that:
1. Generate a keypair

2. Extract the public key

3. Convert the public key into the WPC test certificate chain and load it back into the public key slot

You can use the newly generated private key and WPC test certificate chain for evaluation purpose of Qi Wireless Power Transmitter Authentication.

NOTE: You cannot use the certificate chain present in Trust Charge as it is for Trust M.
And for production you will have to use Trust Charge (Trust M cannot be used).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Karishma_S
50 solutions authored First comment on blog 250 sign-ins

Hi @totem,

You can use OPTIGA Trust M instead of OPTIGA Trust charge for testing purposes only. Follow the below steps for that:
1. Generate a keypair

2. Extract the public key

3. Convert the public key into the WPC test certificate chain and load it back into the public key slot

You can use the newly generated private key and WPC test certificate chain for evaluation purpose of Qi Wireless Power Transmitter Authentication.

NOTE: You cannot use the certificate chain present in Trust Charge as it is for Trust M.
And for production you will have to use Trust Charge (Trust M cannot be used).

totem
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Thank you!

0 Likes