Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jfdawson20
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello, 

I have a few product lines that use a SLB9760 for zero touch enrollments where we provision IAK/IDevID certificates into the TPM during device manufacturing. We've observed that while most SLB9670 devices arrive with the EK (key) missing from NVRAM (where we usually create and persist the EK in NVRAM) some have the EK (key) already present at the default NVRAM location. 

This isn't a "problem" in the sense that I can adjust our process to first check for a EK certificate at the NVRAM index and skip the EK generation and persistence step. However, I'd like to understand why not all new SLB9670's we use in production look the same by default? (e.g. most have EK (key) not persisted in NVRAM at handle 0x81010001 and we need to generate it and then persist it). Is this expected? if so why?

Thanks, 

Jack

0 Likes
1 Solution
Shreya_S
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Hello,
Greetings!

The EK is not persistent from factory for TPM SLB9760. It is quick to regenerate.

But, EK certificates are pre-defined in TPM NV indices 0x1c00002 and 0x1c0000a. We recommend you to adjust the process by checking for EK cert in these indices first.

Regards,
Shreya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Shreya_S

Hello,

We're looking into your query at the moment.
Will get back to you by Monday. 

Regards,
Shreya

0 Likes
Shreya_S

Hello,
Greetings!

The EK is not persistent from factory for TPM SLB9760. It is quick to regenerate.

But, EK certificates are pre-defined in TPM NV indices 0x1c00002 and 0x1c0000a. We recommend you to adjust the process by checking for EK cert in these indices first.

Regards,
Shreya

0 Likes
Shreya_S

Hello,

Please let me know if your query is resolved.

This case will close in 2-3 working days.

Regards,
Shreya

0 Likes