Regarding to the TPM programming/provisioning

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JackHsu_1153471
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins First like received

Hi

Good day.

We have programming requirements for  SLB9665 and SLB9670, and we are evaluating to implement TPM programming/provisioning to our programming systems. We have HSM and CA server, and we need the more detail information about LPC/SPI protocol and programming flow to implement. We have tried to find the source code from github, but it seems based on the OS to execute the IC provisioning.

May i know any documents about the detail (protocol and flow and command..) for third party?

Thank you.

Jack

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sharath_V
First comment on blog 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hi @JackHsu_1153471 ,

TPM accepts commands via I2C/SPI/LPC and responds to those commands. Different models of TPM support different interfaces and you can find the details here.

The commands are based on TCG specifications (Part 3: Commands).

You also need to take care of handles, sessions etc. For this purpose, there is a host side SW stack to communicate with TPM, called TSS , which is a layered architecture based stack, which simplifies the communication for you by taking care of handles, sessions etc.

For secure update, the mechanism is documented in TCG specifications, but if you need to reprogram an Infineon TPM securely, you need to have an NDA with us and we will provide the tools and signed firmware via myICP (customer SharePoint).

If you're interested in learning more on TPM, have a look into the different materials on TCG website on TPM.

There is also a book recommended by TCG, which explains TPM and its concepts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Sharath_V

Hi @JackHsu_1153471 ,

This application note contains hints on TSS (TPM Software Stack) layers and how to use them.

You need to adapt the hints in the application note based on your platform (e.g. Windows, Linux, Embedded C etc.)

0 Likes
Sharath_V

Hi @JackHsu_1153471 ,

Please let us know if your query was resolved.
We will lock the thread in 3 days.
If your query is still not resolved after locking the thread, please create a new thread and we will be happy to help. 

0 Likes
JackHsu_1153471
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins First like received

Hi Sharath,

Sorry for late reply.

We are third party programmer manufacturer.

We plan to develop the secure programming/provisioning on our secure systems this year.

I have gotten some information before, but these documents are based on OS to integrate API to implement the secure programming.

Especially i don't know how to access the internal NVM through SPI/IIC, and i don't know the secure programming flow.

For example, we need to know these process.

How to read out public key from TPM through SPI/IIC?

How to write certificate to TPM through SPI/IIC?

How to verify the certificate is valid?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Sharath_V

Hi @JackHsu_1153471 ,

TPM accepts commands via I2C/SPI/LPC and responds to those commands. Different models of TPM support different interfaces and you can find the details here.

The commands are based on TCG specifications (Part 3: Commands).

You also need to take care of handles, sessions etc. For this purpose, there is a host side SW stack to communicate with TPM, called TSS , which is a layered architecture based stack, which simplifies the communication for you by taking care of handles, sessions etc.

For secure update, the mechanism is documented in TCG specifications, but if you need to reprogram an Infineon TPM securely, you need to have an NDA with us and we will provide the tools and signed firmware via myICP (customer SharePoint).

If you're interested in learning more on TPM, have a look into the different materials on TCG website on TPM.

There is also a book recommended by TCG, which explains TPM and its concepts.

0 Likes

Thanks for great support. Sharath.

I will study these information, and will let you know if we need more supports.

Thanks.

Jack

0 Likes

Hi @JackHsu_1153471 ,

You're welcome. We will lock the thread in 3 days.
If your query is still not resolved after locking the thread, please create a new thread and we will be happy to help. 

0 Likes