password protection for pointer area

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ToIk_1341346
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Target SNOR series: S25FL064L , S25FL128L

I would like to protect the area of 256KB with a password lock.
Therefore, the capacity will be insufficient only in security area 2 and area 3.

It seems that the pointer area can also be password locked.
When I use the pointer area, can the size of 256KB be password-locked?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

I am not sure if I understand your question accurately. My understanding is that you want to use password protection to protect 256KB data. But the security region (1024 bytes) is not enough. You want to know if memory array region using Pointer Region Protection (PRP) can be password protected.

If you want to protect the region from erase/program, the answer is yes. The pointer region can be password-locked. Only Security Region 3 can be read protected.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
BushraH_91

Hello 

Thank you for contacting Cypress Community Forum. Currently we are reviewing the issue and will get back to you as soon as we find the resolution.

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes
BushraH_91

Hello,

I am not sure if I understand your question accurately. My understanding is that you want to use password protection to protect 256KB data. But the security region (1024 bytes) is not enough. You want to know if memory array region using Pointer Region Protection (PRP) can be password protected.

If you want to protect the region from erase/program, the answer is yes. The pointer region can be password-locked. Only Security Region 3 can be read protected.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes