chip S29AL016J issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yao3
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Firstly, hardware is connected and the programmed is erased with Jflash, then, Jflash fails to connect with power cut and restart but succeeds to connect if firstly connected with RVDS. Hardware works in a normal way.
How can I solve this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello,

Please provide waveform screen shots(with identifying CE#, WE#, OE#, WP#, BYTE# and RESET#) during Program, or Erase or Read embedded operation.  We would like to review the timing during any one of these operations.

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor Corp.

An Infineon Technologies Company

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AlbertB_56

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Infineon Technologies.

I am not quite sure if I fully understand your question.  Is the Jflash a JTAG programmer?  Could you please explain what is the RVDS?  I am not sure what an RVDS is.   What is the actual error/problem you are encountering?

We await for your response...

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes

Hi,

jflash is a software for programming programs for ARM,The interface can refer to the screenshot below。RVDS is a debugging software developed by ARM.Support Flash programming and multi-core debugging。The problem we encountered is as follows:For a PCB version without any program,We will use Jflash to burn our program into the PCB version,When there is no program programming, it is found that Jflash cannot be connected to the PCB version, and then RVDS can be used to connect to the PCB,And after connecting the PCB board with RVDS, you can use JFlash to link the PCB again but it can be connected.When Jflash is connected to the PCB, we can program the PCB programming。Use Jflash to erase the program in the PCB, power off and restart the PCB, and find that Jflash will not be able to link the PCB again.We want to know why the Flash can't connect to the PCB without any program,Did your flash chip do anything to the PCB without a program?Looking forward to your reply

20180905153822191.png,

0 Likes
AlbertB_56

Hello,

Infineon Flash memory products are passive devices, to also include the S29AL016J.  Therefore, specific valid embedded commands must be sent to the Flash for the Flash to operate, or nothing will occur.   

For your information, the S29AL016Jxx is the former Spansion ("S") Flash memory products.  The screen shot appears to be pointing to STmicroelectronics ("ST") prefix.  Please ensure to select "Spansion"  for the S29AL016Jxx.

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes

Hi,

Screenshot I just want to tell you what Jflash is. In the actual operation process, we will choose the Spansion series S29AL016Jxx。

In addition, what do you mean by a specific valid command? What command should I send when I can't connect? Can you give an example?

0 Likes
AlbertB_56

Hello,

Please provide waveform screen shots(with identifying CE#, WE#, OE#, WP#, BYTE# and RESET#) during Program, or Erase or Read embedded operation.  We would like to review the timing during any one of these operations.

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes