any difference between S25FL512SDSMFB010 Cypress part and Spansion part in assembly/build/factory?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Michaelli9
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

We already qualified S25FL512SDSMFB010 (Cypress part) in our boards however, I found some failure recently and also found there is the a Spansion Mark on the failed parts. So what is the difference?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

All S25FL512S parts are marked with the Spansion Logo.  No recent changes in the factory.  Since you qualified at 175 C we can not guarantee anything as it is not within our specified temperature range in the datasheet.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please send screen shot of Cypress part and Spansion Mark on the failed parts?

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

I have to take my word back after talking with our technician. It seems like all parts have "Spansion" on it.  He were not sure original one didn't have "Spansion".

However, the questions is still here. Any changes with assembly/build/factory recently?  We qualified it with 175C( I know it is over the spec) and it works well in pass a couple of years. But there are some failures recently at about 155C. 

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for the all the additional information. I will discuss internally and get back to you.

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hello,

All S25FL512S parts are marked with the Spansion Logo.  No recent changes in the factory.  Since you qualified at 175 C we can not guarantee anything as it is not within our specified temperature range in the datasheet.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Here is what I got from other engineer. Does those PCN apply to that? can you tell which assembly site by SN or lot code?

Michaelli9_0-1638281450828.png

0 Likes

attached screenshot for flash. 

0 Likes