Unable to reset S29GL01GT NOR Flash after sending Write to Buffer command

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
olfl_4729291
Level 1
Level 1

I use S29GL01GT NOR Flash with ST ARM Cortex M7 STM32F767 Controller.

When I use "Write to Buffer" Command Set  the "Program Buffer to Flash" command sometimes is not sent.

In this case I tried to reset the Flash but it is stopped to work. The Flash enters to any mode and neither  command as "Read"  or  "Erase" does not work.

I used:

Reset/ASO Exit

Write-to-Buffer-Abort Reset

Status Register Clear

When I send all of commands from the "Write to Buffer" Set everything works perfect

Please advice me any sequence of command to reset the component !

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

If you are not sending "Program buffer of flash" command at the end of "write buffer programming" command sequence, then you have to send "Write to buffer abort reset" command twice to make the device return back to read mode.

As Bacem explained, after the first "Write to buffer abort reset" command the flash device will be in "write buffer abort" state. Because flash was expecting "program buffer to flash" command but it received "Write to buffer abort reset" command. So, you need to send one more "Write to buffer abort reset" to make the device return back to read mode.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

Write buffer programming operation will be aborted when Program Buffer to Flash command is not issued after the Write Word Count number of data words is loaded. The error status can be cleared and device returned to normal operation by writing:

• Write Buffer Abort Reset command
  • Status Register Clear command

I need a clarification about the issue that you face. In the question you mentioned that "When I use "Write to Buffer" Command Set  the "Program Buffer to Flash" command sometimes is not sent." Does this mean you are sending a wrong command instead of "program buffer to flash" command? Please provide more details about how you test and observe this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Hello,

I send all sequence of commands and filled the buffer with the data for burning but I don't send "Program Buffer to Flash" command.

From this state I want to exit.

I sent Write Buffer Abort Reset command and Status Register Clear command but it does not help.

0 Likes

Hello,

When you don't send the command "program Buffer to Flash (confirm) 0x29" at the right time, the flash will be in the "Program-Buffer-Abort" state. In order to exit from that mode, you need to send the command "Write-To-Buffer-Abort Reset" sequence as shown below:

pastedImage_1.png

The flash will not return to the normal standby mode until you issue that command. Thanks!

Best regards,

Bacem

0 Likes

Hello,

If you are not sending "Program buffer of flash" command at the end of "write buffer programming" command sequence, then you have to send "Write to buffer abort reset" command twice to make the device return back to read mode.

As Bacem explained, after the first "Write to buffer abort reset" command the flash device will be in "write buffer abort" state. Because flash was expecting "program buffer to flash" command but it received "Write to buffer abort reset" command. So, you need to send one more "Write to buffer abort reset" to make the device return back to read mode.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes