Transaction flow of writing volatile Status and Configuration registers for S25HL512T NOR Flash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vijayks
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello FTDI,

My requirement is Writing only Volatile Status Register 1 and Configuration Registers [1-4]. There is a transaction available in S25HL512T datasheet, which is in below snap

vijayks_0-1626071069696.png

To write only Volatile Registers of Status & Configuration,  which Transaction need to give initial, only WRENB_0_0(Write enable) or WRENV_0_0(Write Enable volatile)  or both.

Thanks,

Vijay K S

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

For programming V SR1 and V CR[1-4], only sending WRENV command is enough.

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Apurva_S

Hi Vijay,

Your question is not clear to me. Do you wish to write to the Volatile Status Register 1 and Non Volatile Configuration Registers [1-4] or do you wish to write to Volatile Status Register 1 and Volatile Configuration Registers [1-4]?

If you wish to program V SR1 and NV CR[1-4], I suggest you to make use of the WRARG command. If you are using the WRARG command, you should use the WRENB command before it (for both V and NV registers). The address for all the registers is provided in "Table 8. Register Address Map" on page 22 of the datasheet.

If you wish to program V SR1 and V CR[1-4], then you can make use of the WRENV command, followed by the WRREG command. The description of the WRENV command in section 4.8.2 on page 49 of the datasheet clearly mentions that the WRENV transaction directs the following write register transaction to change the volatile status and configuration register bits.

Regards. 

0 Likes

My requirement is to program only Volatile Status Register 1 & Volatile Configuration Register[1-4]. Only WRENV command is enough or need to send WRENB command before WRENV

0 Likes
Apurva_S

Hi,

For programming V SR1 and V CR[1-4], only sending WRENV command is enough.

Regards.

vijayks
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi,

Thank You so much. Is there any benchmark of how much time it will consume for Reading the complete memory of S25HL215T in Quad SDR mode.

Regards,

Vijay K S

0 Likes
Apurva_S

Hi Vijay,

The time to read depends upon the clock frequency that is being used. You can calculate it like this - (clock period * number of clock cycles required). 

Regards.

0 Likes