Sample code for Advanced sector protection of S25FL512S Vol.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 250 replies posted

I previously asked here about Advanced Sector Protection. I have a new question.

I want to use Password Sector Protection to prevent rewriting of the first 1 sector (256 KB).

Should the start address of the sector be specified for the Address of PPB Program (PPBP:E3h) and PPB Read (PPBRD:E2h)?

I think ”the start address of the sector"  is below, is it correct? :

NOR flash in address space start address of sector 0 (for example, 0x2000 0000) + sector size (256KB) x offset for the number of sectors

Do you have more detailed materials?

I already check S25FL512S datasheet and AN200452, but I cannot understand setting value.

Thanks,

Tetsuo

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Tetsuo,

Your understanding of 'the start address of the sector' is correct. It is the zeroth location address for that particular sector.

However, the starting address of the memory space should not be added to it.

For example, for zeroth sector, the starting address will be 0x00, and similarly for other sectors the address will be

(0x00 + (256KB*offset for the number of sectors))

Regards,

Apurva

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Tetsuo,

Your understanding of 'the start address of the sector' is correct. It is the zeroth location address for that particular sector.

However, the starting address of the memory space should not be added to it.

For example, for zeroth sector, the starting address will be 0x00, and similarly for other sectors the address will be

(0x00 + (256KB*offset for the number of sectors))

Regards,

Apurva

TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Apurva-san,

Thank you for your answer.

I understand.

0 Likes