S70FS01GS Linux Driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hibic_1376941
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently trying to use an S70FS01GS in Linux. After going through the forum posts I came across the following Application Note:

Software Application Notice for S70FS01GS NOR Flash - KBA225966 which had a link to the following note:

S25FS-S Support Under Linux - KBA218975 which states that if I need a driver patch to add support for FS devices I need to ask Cypress.

Would it be possible for me to get this Linux Driver patch for the S70FS01GS device. I am currently using the 4.19.26 Linux Kernel.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello

Please refer to url for Linux Driver patch below

https://www.cypress.com/products/serial-nor-flash-memory - click Software & Tools

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello

Please refer to url for Linux Driver patch below

https://www.cypress.com/products/serial-nor-flash-memory - click Software & Tools

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hi Bushra,

Thank you for the link to the driver. I have been able to build the driver and I am using the following as my device tree binding:

&qspi {

status = "okay";

qflash0: s70fs01gs@0 {

compatible = "cy-snor";

#address-cells = <1>;

#size-cells = <1>;

m25p,fast-read;

spi-max-frequency = <20000000>;

reg = <0>;

};

};

However, the driver doesn't seem to probe when I load my system. I have enabled all the kernel configs as per the README file in the driver and I have confirmed that they are set.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Regards,

Himesh

0 Likes

I forgot to mention I am using an NXP LS1088A processor with and it's SPI Controller driver is "drivers/mtd/spi-nor/fsl-quadspi.c" in the Linux driver source tree, if that helps.

0 Likes