S29GL512N how to Chip Erase then read the data.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ToLi_3669581
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins 5 questions asked Welcome!

Please tell me the steps about Chip Erase after Power-On.

After Power-On, how long should I wait to send the Chip Erase Commands (555 AA, 2AA 80, 555 AA, 2AA 55, 555 10) ?

What is next?

How to read the data after Power- On?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The minimum amount of time that you should wait after power on (tVCS) as mentioned in the datasheet on page 71 is 50us.

You can also find this parameter in the timing diagram for Chip/Sector Erase operation (Figure 15.6) on page 73 of the datasheet.

Regards,

Apurva

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Apurva_S

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

The full command sequence and flow chart for Chip Erase operation is provided on page 49 of the datasheet. Similarly, the command sequence for read command is explained on page 43. You can download our low level driver for parallel NOR flash devices from the following link and use it in your application.

Regarding wait time requirement after power on, I am looking into this query and shall get back to you on this shortly.

I would like to inform you that GL-N is not a new part and is not recommended for new designs. Please let me know if you have any more queries.

Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes
Apurva_S

Hi,

The minimum amount of time that you should wait after power on (tVCS) as mentioned in the datasheet on page 71 is 50us.

You can also find this parameter in the timing diagram for Chip/Sector Erase operation (Figure 15.6) on page 73 of the datasheet.

Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes