S29GL01GS10FAI01Write Buffer Process

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ZachJones
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I am attempting to use the write buffer programming process to write all 256 16-bit words with the same constant value as part of a device sanitization process. I know the command sequence to run the write to buffer process but I have not had success in simulation. The unlock and setting commands are issued correctly, as is the following writes to all 256 buffers, but the ready signal goes low halfway through writing to the buffers and stays low indefinitely. Attached are three waveform screengrabs of what I am doing and seeing in simulation.

Picture1: Two unlock commands, issue "write to buffer" command at sector address 00, issue number of locations (255) at sector address 00, start loading address/data pairs

Picture2: Ready signal going low halfway through buffer address/data writes

Picture3: Finish buffer address/data writes and issue "write buffer program confirm" command at sector address 00

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ronak
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello,

Can you please check why is there 32 bit data sent to the address to write instead of 16 bit word. As you observed that ready signal gets low after half of the data is send that is it stops after 256 - 16 bit words are sent. Can you please correct this and check if the issue is resolved.

Thanks,
Ronak

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies