Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 250 replies posted

In Table 11.9 ASO Entry Timing of the data sheet, the following Note is described.

S29GL-S_ASO_Entry_Timing.jpg

"Data Polling Status ASO" has commands for which ASO Exit is not defined. What should I do with those commands?

Thanks,
Tetsuo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

There is no commands for enter/exit Data Polling ASO. Data Polling ASO is automatically entered and exited when an embedded operation (i.e., program/erase) starts and completes. For example, when the last command cycle of a program operation is sent to flash, the flash starts embedded programming process. Meanwhile, Data Polling ASO is automatically entered. Now, reading the flash will output the embedded programming status (e.g., in progress, complete, timeout) instead of the data stored in flash memory array. When embedded programming completes, Data Polling ASO is automatically exited. Then, reading the flash will get the data stored in flash memory array.

The ASO Entry timing mentioned in datasheet applies to those ASO modes with explicit Enter/Exit commands. For Data polling operation, flash read timing is applied.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Technical Support, an Infineon Technologies Company. Currently we are reviewing your issue and will get back to you as soon as we find the resolution.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hello,

There is no commands for enter/exit Data Polling ASO. Data Polling ASO is automatically entered and exited when an embedded operation (i.e., program/erase) starts and completes. For example, when the last command cycle of a program operation is sent to flash, the flash starts embedded programming process. Meanwhile, Data Polling ASO is automatically entered. Now, reading the flash will output the embedded programming status (e.g., in progress, complete, timeout) instead of the data stored in flash memory array. When embedded programming completes, Data Polling ASO is automatically exited. Then, reading the flash will get the data stored in flash memory array.

The ASO Entry timing mentioned in datasheet applies to those ASO modes with explicit Enter/Exit commands. For Data polling operation, flash read timing is applied.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Bushra-san,

I'm sorry for the late reply.

I understand your comment. I design without considering ASO Entry Timing at the time of Data Polling ASO.

Thanks,
Tetsuo

0 Likes