S29GL:Read operation timing OE#,CE#

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NXTY_Nagata
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
5 solutions authored First solution authored 100 sign-ins

Dear supporters,

I have questions about read operation timing that described in the datasheet.

[Q1]In fig11.5 in the datasheet, should CE# and OE# be ramped up at the same time?
If case CE# and OE# cannot be started up at the same time, could you tell me a sequence and time that should be followed?

[Q2]The table 11.7.1 S29GL-P Read Operations in the datasheet, Is the tDF the time from the signal that come up later for either CE or OE?

NXTY_Nagata_0-1644737936504.png

NXTY_Nagata_1-1644737943976.png

Regards,
Nagata.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ronak
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hi,

[Q1] In fig11.5 in the datasheet, should CE# and OE# be ramped up at the same time?
If case CE# and OE# cannot be started up at the same time, could you tell me a sequence and time that should be followed?
[A1] No it is. Both signals do not need to ramp up at the same time. For CE# going HIGH or OE# going HIGH first, there is no sequence defined. The host controller can do both.

[Q2] table 11.7.1 S29GL-P Read Operations in the datasheet, Is the tDF the time from the signal that comes up later for either CE or OE?
[A2] tDF is the time after the signal going HIGH first from CE# or OE#.

Thanks,
Ronak

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ronak
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hi,

[Q1] In fig11.5 in the datasheet, should CE# and OE# be ramped up at the same time?
[A1] No it is. Both signals do not need to ramp up at the same time. For CE# going HIGH or OE# going HIGH first, there is no sequence defined. The host controller can do both.

[Q2] table 11.7.1 S29GL-P Read Operations in the datasheet, Is the tDF the time from the signal that comes up later for either CE or OE?
[A2] tDF is the time after the signal going HIGH first from CE# or OE#.

Thanks,
Ronak

0 Likes