S25FS512SDSBHM213: The erase time for PPBE E4h command

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ehsa_4454901
Level 1
Level 1

I wonder what is the erase time for PBBE (PPB Erase) command. According to the snippet below from the datasheet, it equals Tse.

The problem is that Tse have two values, one for 4 K sector size and the other for 256 KB sector time. So, which value should apply to this command?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Ehab,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

The Erase Time for PPBE command is equal to Sector Erase Time (tSE) for 4KB sectors i.e 240ms.

I would like to inform you that it is not recommended to wait for a fixed amount of time for the program/erase operation to complete. The recommended way is to poll the WIP bit of the Status Register to make sure that the program/erase operation has completed.

Best Regards,

Apurva

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Ehab,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

The Erase Time for PPBE command is equal to Sector Erase Time (tSE) for 4KB sectors i.e 240ms.

I would like to inform you that it is not recommended to wait for a fixed amount of time for the program/erase operation to complete. The recommended way is to poll the WIP bit of the Status Register to make sure that the program/erase operation has completed.

Best Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes