Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaCh_4836621
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using S25FS512S and can't not erase first sector using sector erase command in u-boot.

Erasing with bulk erase is OK.

What shell I check?

T.I.A.

Jake.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

D6h is not a valid erase command for S25FS512S. Available sector erase commands below. Please double check the sector erase command that you use.

pastedImage_0.png

What is the sector architecture configured on our device, uniform or hybrid sectors? Please check the below bits in the configuration registers of S25FS512S.

• Bit 3 of configuration register 3.

pastedImage_2.png

• Bit 2 of configuration register 1.

pastedImage_5.png

If Flash devices is configured for Hybrid sectors, then, you won't be able to erase the parameter sectors using D8h command. You have to use 20h or 21h as in the table above.

Example: Assume the flash device is configured for Hybrid sectors and 4KB sectors are at the bottom. Then, you won't be able to erase the first 4 KB sector with sector erase command D8h. You have to use 20h or 21h.

Please feel free to ask, if you need any clarifications.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

D6h is not a valid erase command for S25FS512S. Available sector erase commands below. Please double check the sector erase command that you use.

pastedImage_0.png

What is the sector architecture configured on our device, uniform or hybrid sectors? Please check the below bits in the configuration registers of S25FS512S.

• Bit 3 of configuration register 3.

pastedImage_2.png

• Bit 2 of configuration register 1.

pastedImage_5.png

If Flash devices is configured for Hybrid sectors, then, you won't be able to erase the parameter sectors using D8h command. You have to use 20h or 21h as in the table above.

Example: Assume the flash device is configured for Hybrid sectors and 4KB sectors are at the bottom. Then, you won't be able to erase the first 4 KB sector with sector erase command D8h. You have to use 20h or 21h.

Please feel free to ask, if you need any clarifications.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes

Hi Sudheesh,

It's my mystake that the command is not 0xd6 but 0xd8. I'm sorry.

I checked bit 3 of configuration register & it's 0.

I could change it in linux kernel.

Thanks & Regards,

Jake

0 Likes