Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Harish_I_I
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Dear Team,

It is mentioned in the datasheet that, S25FL256SAGMFI001 part is with EHPLC, SO/WSON footprint and S25FL256SAGMFAG00 is with EHPLC, SO footprint with RESET#.

So, what is the actual difference between these two parts?

If S25FL256SAGMFAG00 part is coming with RESET#, then does that mean S25FL256SAGMFI001 part won't be having RESET#?

Can you please explain the difference between the mentioned two parts.

Thanks,

Harish I I

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Harish,

It depends on your design. Do you need RESET#? Please refer to this schematic KBA and see if this help you. This is just an example.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Cypress-SPI-NOR-flash-reference-schematic-...

Thank you

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Technical Support, an Infineon Technologies Company. Currently we are reviewing your issue and will get back to you as soon as we find the resolution.

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hello,

Yes, you are correct.  S25FL256SAGMFI001  does not support RESET# pin (0 = EHPLC, SO/WSON footprint). 

S25FL256SAGMFAG00 support RESET# pin (G = EHPLC, SO footprint with RESET#)

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please provide any reference regarding the typical connection diagram for both the NOR flash separately, so that the difference between them can be understood easily. And also provide the difference between their foot prints with any reference.

Thank you

Regards,

Harish I I

0 Likes

Hello Harish,

Both are SO package. S25FL256SAGMFAG00 support RESET# pin (G = EHPLC, SO footprint with RESET#) and S25FL256SAGMFI001  does not support RESET# pin (0 = EHPLC, SO/WSON footprint).

The board should have the RESET# signal from the memory controller or host to the Flash. We do not have any reference circuit design for the RESET# signal. Either you have respin the board connecting RESET# signal from the memory controller or host to the Flash; or connecting a physical wire from the memory controller to the Flash. 

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes
Harish_I_I
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

Shall we use S25FL256SAGMFAG00 as a replacement for S25FL256SAGMFI001 ?

Please answer soon.

Thank you

Regards,

Harish I I

0 Likes

Hello Harish,

It depends on your design. Do you need RESET#? Please refer to this schematic KBA and see if this help you. This is just an example.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Cypress-SPI-NOR-flash-reference-schematic-...

Thank you

Bushra

0 Likes

Hello Bushra,

Currently we are using S25FL256SAGMFI001 which should not be having RESET pin. Now, I am thinking of using S25FL256SAGMFAG00 in the same circuit. So, I need to verify if there any need to change the circuit for using S25FL256SAGMFAG00.

So, please provide necessary details regarding this and also provide any circuit diagrams or schematics showing the differences between the two parts if available.

Thanks,

Harish I I

0 Likes