S25FL128SAGMFIR0 WITHOUT CFI INSIDE.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rayx
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I got a flash from my friend who is a Software engineer , he find a strange problem ,   A FLASH ,P/N IS S25FL128SAGMFIR0, actually have no CFI inside .because he must do chip compatibility design, so question is if the CFI can be write in the flash.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Ronak
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 replies posted

HI,

Can you please check if you are able to read the device ID using the RDID(9Fh) command or not?

Thanks,

Ronak

0 Likes
rayx
Level 1
Level 1

yes,  ID can be read.  below shows the CFI array in chip. i have met this for my fisrt time.

CFI array.jpg

0 Likes
Ronak

Hi,

Sorry it is not possible to write the CFI on the flash. How many address is read in the output shown in the screenshot? Can you please share the waveforms observed? 

Can you please try to read the data from 10H?

Ronak_0-1651426684083.png

Thanks,
Ronak

0 Likes
rayx
Level 1
Level 1

i have a FSK programmer tool for CYPRESS FLASH   on hand , i bought it many years ago from cypress online store. the above screenshot shows the whole CFI datas  which can be read from IC . it is 

so  unusual,maybe demadged.

0 Likes
Ronak

Hi,

Cypress/Infineon is not officially supporting FSK-PUP any more. Looking at the captured photo, it looks like you are using software that was released a long time ago. We will provide the latest software here in some days. Then you can try it with the latest software, if this is resolved.

Thanks,
Ronak

0 Likes
rayx
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Ronak,

thanks for your help. if there is  a new tool  for replacing the fsk tool, i can buy it from your online store.

i will  wait for the latest SW.

0 Likes