S25FL128SAG

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Afulu
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I am using the S25FL128SAG-NFI-001 WSON-8. i was using  AT25DF641A flash and i have its implementation completed and running.

I have run into a bit of issue addressing the S25FL128SAG, i am struggling to find its cluster size and whether the block sizes are 4KB as in the AT25DF641A, or if they are both 4kb and 64kb depending on the sector being addressed. 

I know that for the flash i am using the programming buffer is 256 bytes and the addressing is that 4kb sector at the bottom and 64 kb sector top. Can anyone help me have a clearer understanding of the differences in sectors, programming buffer and cluster size between the two devices.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying cluster size. Our flash devices does not have a spec called cluster size. We specify only page size and sector size.

Regarding the sector architecture, the device S25FL128SAG-NFI-001 has both 64KB sectors and 4KB sectors. The 3 sector architectures given in datasheet are as below (page 46)

1. S25FL128S Sector and Memory Address Map, Bottom 4-KB Sectors32 x 4KB sectors at the bottom and rest are 64KB sectors. It is the default configuration.
  2. S25FL128S Sector and Memory Address Map, Top 4-KB Sectors32 x 4-KB sectors at the top and rest are 64-KB sectors.
  3. S25FL128S Sector and Memory Address Map, Uniform 256-KB SectorsAll sectors are of size 256-KB.

The device that you use S25FL128SAG-NFI-001 has model number 0, which correspond to "Uniform 64-KB sectors". It means 25FL128SAG-NFI-001 has both 4-KB sectors and 64-KB sectors. By default, 4-KB sectors will be at the bottom. But, you can configure them at the top by changing the TBPARM bit in configuration register 1. Please note, TBPARM is an OTP (one time programmable) bit, you can program it only once.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies