S25FL128L Data R/W Issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
eunsnagcho
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted 5 sign-ins

Hello
DSP is testing to write up to 1MB of data with S25FL128L memory through SPI communication.

I wrote 16byte data in memory and checked R/W up to 1 block (64KB) (SPI Baudrate : 30Mhz)

The problem occurs when 1 block (End Address: 0x0ff) is written and the next 2 Blocks (Start Address: 0x1000) is written.

Problem
1. Data is not written normally in 2 Blocks.
2. Writing data in 2 Blocks changes the data in 1 Block.

please share your knowledge

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ronak
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hi,

Can you please confirm if my understanding is correct. You are trying to program two 256 bytes blocks using a single page program?

The problem faced by you is due to Page program only able to program a page at a time. So it will rewrite the same page from start again after 256 bytes of data is programmed in the block

Can you please try to use different Page Program command to write different pages in the memory?

Thanks,
Ronak

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ronak

Hi,

Can you please let us know for your application how many Program erase cycle is been performed on a block? Does your application results in Program erase cycle is more than 100K.

Additionally, can you please share the waveform of the SPI communication?

Thanks,
Ronak

0 Likes
Ronak

Hi,

Can you please confirm if my understanding is correct. You are trying to program two 256 bytes blocks using a single page program?

The problem faced by you is due to Page program only able to program a page at a time. So it will rewrite the same page from start again after 256 bytes of data is programmed in the block

Can you please try to use different Page Program command to write different pages in the memory?

Thanks,
Ronak

0 Likes