S25FL064L flash Could not write the data

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EthanHunt
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 likes given

Hi, 

I am working on S25Fl064L Flash Memory.

I Could read Device ID, Manufacture ID, Default Configuration Status Register values and it is matching according to data sheet values.

However, I could not write the data, and after debugging I came to know that WEL bit is not being set in Status Register 1 Volatile (SR1V).

Following thing I have done:

1) Read Status Register 1 Volatile (SR1V) value (using command 0x05), Output was 0x00 which was default value.

2) WREN command (0x06) is sent (Which is required to write the data to Nonvolatile memory)

3) Now again Read Status Register 1 value, Output was again 0x00, which should be 0x02. (WEL bit is still '0' only)

Please help, where I am wrong.

Best Regards, 

Ethan Hunt. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuvraj
250 replies posted 25 likes received 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Infineon Technologies.

If you are writing to volatile register, you need to use Write Enable for Volatile (WRENV 50h) command,

it looks like you are using WREN 06h command which is used for Non-volatile Write Enable.

Hope the above information helps you.

Regards,

Yuvraj 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yuvraj
250 replies posted 25 likes received 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Infineon Technologies.

If you are writing to volatile register, you need to use Write Enable for Volatile (WRENV 50h) command,

it looks like you are using WREN 06h command which is used for Non-volatile Write Enable.

Hope the above information helps you.

Regards,

Yuvraj 

0 Likes