S25FL064L Data Corruption

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaKu_4514886
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

My Data Gets Corrupted in quad SPI During Multiple Power up to Power down by Various time interval.

Time interval->100ms,80ms,60ms,20ms

Time interval is given in various format

Thanks

Mahesh

0 Likes
5 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

Could you please provide more details about this issue?

1. Does power down happen during a program or erase operation?

2. Are you observing data corruption after power up? Are you reading and verifying the data in flash before power down?

3. Please explain how you test and observe this failure in detail.

The data in flash can get corrupted if a sudden power down happens during program or erase operations. Our KBA available at: https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-10507, explains how to recover flash after a sudden power down.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
MaKu_4514886
Level 2
Level 2

Hello

During program or erase opertion we are not doing Power Down.

After power up all the data are corrupted,if i try to read Manufature id-(0x9Fh) Response before doing test case (01 60 00 02) and Response after Doing test case (FF FF 00 FF)

Test Case scnerio

1) Power On ->100ms and power Off->900ms

2) Power On ->200ms and power Off->800ms

3) Power On ->300ms and power Off->700ms

Above test Case is done Continuously Up to Power On ->900ms and power Off->100ms any one test case memory contents gets corrupted.

0 Likes

Hello,

As you are observing data corruption and wrong device ID after power up, can you double check that the power up and power down specs for our device S25FL064L are followed as per the datasheet(https://www.cypress.com/file/316661/download , page 120)? You must wait for at least 300us after power up to access the flash device.

Are you able to read correct data from the flash using single SPI mode? Are you observing this issue only with Quad SPI mode?

Please read and let us  know the data in status register 1, status register 2, configuration register 1 and configuration register 2 from the flash devices before power down.

Can you capture the logic analyzer trace for RDID operation after power up?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
MaKu_4514886
Level 2
Level 2

Hello

After data corruption,status register 1(reponse->0xFF), status register 2(reponse->0x00), configuration register 1

(reponse->0xFF)and configuration register 2(reponse->0x00)

Issue happens on both SPI and QUAD SPI mode..

During power up we are waiting 300us to access the flash device.

Thanks

Mahesh

0 Likes

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in my response. I would like to get some more details about your tests.

Test Case scnerio

1) Power On ->100ms and power Off->900ms

2) Power On ->200ms and power Off->800ms

3) Power On ->300ms and power Off->700ms

As per my understanding, you are performing erase, program and read operations during power on time and keep the device powered off for the time duration specified above.

1. Please let me know the sequence of flash operations performed in your test case after power up.

2. Can you read and verify the data in flash is correct before power down?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes