Rewriting the OTP region of S25FL128S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AkNe_4684546
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

I am working on S25FL128S OTP write/read. I have observed that after successfully writing any OTP region the subsequent writes are writing incorrect data in that region.

Is this a normal behavior? Can I rewrite any OTP region (region 1 to region 31) if the OTP Lock bit (corresponding bit in OTP Lock Bytes - 4 bytes of region 0) is not cleared (locked)?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Akhilesh,

I would like to inform you that any bit in the OTP region can be programmed from 1 to 0 only once. There is no erase operation option for OTP region and hence, bits which are already programmed to 0 cannot be erased to 1. Subsequent OTP programming can be performed only on the un-programmed bits (that is, 1 data).

The OTP lock bits ensure that no further programming is possible to that particular OTP region.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Apurva

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Akhilesh,

I would like to inform you that any bit in the OTP region can be programmed from 1 to 0 only once. There is no erase operation option for OTP region and hence, bits which are already programmed to 0 cannot be erased to 1. Subsequent OTP programming can be performed only on the un-programmed bits (that is, 1 data).

The OTP lock bits ensure that no further programming is possible to that particular OTP region.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Apurva