[Recommendation] Laser etching depth S25HL02GTDPBHB050

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Joel
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello all

I´m looking information about this next device  S25HL02GTDPBHB050

Basically what I want to understand is about the maximum recommended laser etching depth for this device

I read AN98565 document and it mention 30 micron as maximum, but, I want to confirm if this applies also to the mentioned device

Additionally Can I understand what are the internal layers  and what is the thickness for each one of them?

Any possible problem if we touch by laser etching?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Joel,

Thank you for contacting Infineon Technologies.

Yes, you are correct with referencing AN98565, as 30-micron is the maximum depth for laser marking.

However, as stated in AN98565, the Infineon warranty does not cover products that have been modified, including any additional laser marking.  Additional laser marking will void the product warranty and may damage the product or otherwise cause it to fail.  It is recommended to contact your Infineon Field Sales Rep or Field Applications Engineer for guidance with adding a special laser marking onto the topside of the package, along with the standard marking.  Placement of additional laser marking(s) will vary by product and package type

Best regards,

Albert

Infineon Technologies

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Joel,

Thank you for contacting Infineon Technologies.

Yes, you are correct with referencing AN98565, as 30-micron is the maximum depth for laser marking.

However, as stated in AN98565, the Infineon warranty does not cover products that have been modified, including any additional laser marking.  Additional laser marking will void the product warranty and may damage the product or otherwise cause it to fail.  It is recommended to contact your Infineon Field Sales Rep or Field Applications Engineer for guidance with adding a special laser marking onto the topside of the package, along with the standard marking.  Placement of additional laser marking(s) will vary by product and package type

Best regards,

Albert

Infineon Technologies

0 Likes