Read operation failing at bootup

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaBh_4661111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to bringup my controller board with ARM processor using Cypress flash S70GL02GS12FHIV10. My CE# line is toggling continuously as it is not able to read the flash part. If I reset the flash, I am able to communicate successfully.

pastedImage_0.png

Could you please help me in debugging this issue? Please let me know if you need any information.

Thanks

Sachin

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Ben,

Sure. I sent you my email address. Since we will communicate via email, I am going to close this thread.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello Sachin,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Community Forum.  Can you please rovide POR waveform (Vcc, Vio, RESET#, CE# signals on the same screen) with the time measurements of tVCS, tVIOS, tRH and tCEH shown in below diagram.

pastedImage_1.png

Thank you and have a wonderful day

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hello Sachin,

For the given waveform, please clarify what the 3 signals are?

Is the green signal CE#?  What are the other two?  OE# is not toggling (if there is OE# among these 3 signals).

Please  zoom in the waveform in the red circle and indicate what are the signals

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Bushra,

I am Sachin's co-worker and debugging this with him. Please find the waveform attached showing the requested times.

Note that VCC and VIO are tied together at 3.3V so they rise together. CEZ is pulled up to 3.3V so rises with VCC and VIO as the power supply ramps up.

tVCS and tVIOS = 55.19 ms

tRH = 52.73 ms

tCEH = 52.73 ms

NoBootForCypress.png

Regards,

Ben

0 Likes

Hello Ben,

The POR timing seems no problem. So “reset the flash” may not be the real trigger to make the flash work. Does the flash controller have any different behaviors before and after the flash reset?

Can you please provide the failing read waveform with the signal names (i.e., CE, OE, addr, data) marked? I see the POR timing waveform is captured by Saleae Logic. It will be great if the customer can provide the failing read waveform data file that can be reviewed in Saleae Logic offline viewer.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Bushra,

Since we're looking at a 50 ms time span, the .logicdata file is larger than this site's 10 MB maximum. Can we communicate via email and set up a file transfer?

Thanks,

Ben

0 Likes

Hello Ben,

Sure. I sent you my email address. Since we will communicate via email, I am going to close this thread.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes