Port Winbond flash to S25FL256SAGNFI010

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Shivam_Shah
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

hello,

I want to replace my Winbond flash w25q256jv with S25FL256SAGNFI010.which changes I have to do to configure flash or else in the program and in the memory sector.

Regards,

Shivam Shah

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ronak
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hi Shivam,

There are difference in the electrical specification that is required to be kept in mind for migrating the device. There are few differences in the command set between the two devices. For example, the command for reading status register 2 is 35h in Winbond flash and 07h for Infineon Flash. For the electrical specifications and command set you can refer to the datasheet attached here.

Thanks,
Ronak

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ronak

Hi Shivam,

There are difference in the electrical specification that is required to be kept in mind for migrating the device. There are few differences in the command set between the two devices. For example, the command for reading status register 2 is 35h in Winbond flash and 07h for Infineon Flash. For the electrical specifications and command set you can refer to the datasheet attached here.

Thanks,
Ronak

0 Likes

Hello Ronak,

What are the major electrical points I have to take care of while designing the schematic? is there any particular fixed component is required?

Regards,

Shivam Shah 

0 Likes
Ronak

Hi Shivam,

For schematic you can refer to the reference schematic for our SPI NOR flash device : https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Cypress-SPI-NOR-flash-reference-schematic-...

Thanks,
Ronak

0 Likes