Page Programming S25FL01S Issues (1Gbit Flash)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
migo_4715111
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi, Can someone please help me with this issue? My board has a microchip pic 18f87j11 and I use 3 wire SPI to bit bash the flash (SI,SO and CLK). I use 16 x 1Gbit S25FL01 parts. I use assembly rather than C. My issue is that I am trying to Page Program using the 12h command (4 byte address) and then reading the data back. I Bulk Erase before each new write. (Also I use a CRO in conjunction with the microchip PICKIT3 debugger with various breakpoints to debug.)

This works ok until I reach the 128th 512 byte page, then the data bytes I read back become corrupted. I was having problems not being able to program more than 1 page and have now got around that by repeating the 12h command write before each page which seems to work fine. However when I get to the 129th page, the above happens. I am suspecting my code has a bug but if any known issues jump out I would really appreciate knowing?

Thanks Michael

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Michael,

< 2nd NOTICE >

Thank you for contacting Infineon Technologies.

Please verify and confirm the actual Ordering Part Number (OPN), as the OPN you had provided (S25FL01S) does not exist.

There are only few choices that come to mind:

S70FL01GS :  (1Gb , 3.0V) Dual die stack of two S25FL512S dies, with two CS# pins.  Active and in production.

S25HL01GT :  (1Gb, 3.0V) monolithic.  SEMPER SPI flash.  Active and in production.

S25FL01GT :  (1Gb, 3.0V) monolithic.  Not active; no longer available.

Please verify and confirm as to which OPN is in question.

Thank you in advance...

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor Corp.

An Infineon Technologies Company

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AlbertB_56

Hello Michael,

Please verify and confirm the actual Ordering Part Number (OPN), as the OPN you had provided (S25FL01S) does not exist.

S70FL01GS :  (1Gb , 3.0V) Dual die stack of two S25FL512S dies, with two CS# pins.  Active and in production.

S25HL01GT :  (1Gb, 3.0V) monolithic.  SEMPER SPI flash.  Active and in production.

Thank you in advance...

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes
AlbertB_56

Hello Michael,

< 2nd NOTICE >

Thank you in advance...

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes