Need Cypress FFS code for ARM Cortex-M4 micro controller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AdJa_4767106
Level 1
Level 1

I am using S25FL256L Flash memory with a micro-controller (32-bit ARM cortex-M4) in one of my project. I required to use file system to store data on the flash memory.

So. I have some queries regarding that:

1. Is the Cypress FFS is free to use?

2. If it is free where can I get the source code for that and document to use it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Aditya,

I had already sent you the FLASH File System (FFS) package, via Case#586215.

Please ensure to verify and confirm that you have actually received the FFS package.

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor Corp.

An Infineon Technologies Company

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
AVHo_4385401
Level 1
Level 1

Rtos_cortex/qspi_driver at master · AVI-crak/Rtos_cortex · GitHub

Use the QSPI interface, modify for the commands of the existing equipment.

Command sequence and algorithm - no need to change.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using S25FL256L with SPI interface and already have a working code to read/write data on/from the address of the NOR flash. But what i really want is to use a file system (FAT file system) to store/read data through a file, not using the address. So it will be easy for me to communicate with NOR flash from any where in my application code without taking care of the address handling.

0 Likes

You're right, the filesystem may have copyright restrictions. In this case, obviously free products should be used. All that is required is to measure the sizes of the sector, block, and buffer - for the parameters of your physical drive. And then it will work by itself.

However, any file system introduces a huge delay in reading data and takes up too much memory. For quick access, a regular data structure is much more beneficial. Preparation of such a structure takes a lot of time, and for recording it is necessary to change the firmware of the mk However, then everything flies at a breakneck speed. When using QSPI with hardware reading, the compiler will calculate the addresses, even before assembling the firmware binary file.

0 Likes

Yes. I know using a file system introduces some delay, but i want to use the file system for my project. and in one document i have fpund cypress fie system is free for customers.
1.PNG

But I am not getting any response, I tried to request cypress FFS many times but didn't get any response till now. Is there any other way, I can get the cypress file system source code?

0 Likes

Hello,

Please register for the FLASH File System (FFS) through the URL detailed directly below:

https://www.cypress.com/software-and-drivers-cypress-flash-memory

Please include the required information for registration :

- your full name :

- company name :

- company address/location :

- your (company) e-mail address :

- your best contact phone number :

- FLASH device using the FFS :  < S25FL256L >

pastedImage_0.png

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes

Hello Aditya,

I had already sent you the FLASH File System (FFS) package, via Case#586215.

Please ensure to verify and confirm that you have actually received the FFS package.

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes