NOR Flash Erase-Program-Program-Verify

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aaronm
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I am working with a NOR Flash part that uses Infineon dye and have experienced a single bit error. I believe it to be pseudo Single Bit Charge Loss and found Infineon's application note for high reliability programming using a second "Program" step before verifying. Using Windriver Workbench as a flash driver, is it as simple as pressing the "Program" button twice?

aaronm_0-1647370348973.png

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Likes
1 Solution
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please contact CAES (Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions) for support. This product is not Infineon Flash memory.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
BushraH_91

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Infineon Community Forum. Please provide following detail information:

• What Flash part are you using?
  • How bit flip happens, 1 -> 0 or 0 -> 1?
  • How many devices are used and how many devices failed?
  • How long the system was operated before seeing single bit error?

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hi Bushra,

Thank you for your response.

- I am using a CAES UT8QNF8M8 64 Mbit NOR Flash

- The bit flip is supposed to be a programmed "0", but sometimes presents as an erased "1".

- There are two devices used a Master and a Monitor, only the monitor side failed.

- I do not know the exact time the system has been operational, but it has been for a long/very significant amount of time and has passed many checkouts.

Thank you,

Aaron

0 Likes
BushraH_91

Hello,

Please contact CAES (Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions) for support. This product is not Infineon Flash memory.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes