Linux Driver Integration for S70FS01GS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
olmoc_4306656
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using the cypress linux driver found here: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cypress-spi-flash-drivers-linux-kernel-41...

with the S70FS01GS NOR flash.

I have set the kernel configs for this driver and have changed the compatible property in my device tree to "cy-snor" but the driver probe is not getting called.

I am using NXP LS1088A processor and it uses the SPI Controller driver: "drivers/mtd/spi-nor/fsl-quadspi.c".

Is there anything else I need to do to get this driver working with the NXP fsl-quadspi driver?

Thanks,

Oliver

0 Likes
1 Solution
GernotH_31
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hi Oliver,

our SPI MTD driver (cy-snor.c) requires an appropriate SPI controller driver.This can be either a standard SPI framework driver (provided by Xilinx and others) or a direct controller driver such as fsl-quadspi.c or fsl-flexspi.c. For the latest NXP processors, we have recently developed a cy-snor-flexspi.c (derived from fsl-flexspi.c), that should become public soon. It uses a different LUT setup (more commands) and a slightly different API than the original NXP/Freescale drivers.

We might do the same with the older quadspi driver, i.e. develop a cy-snor-quadspi.c. How does your project schedule look like? When would you need this driver?

Best regards,

Gernot

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
GernotH_31
Employee
Employee
First like received

Hi Oliver,

our SPI MTD driver (cy-snor.c) requires an appropriate SPI controller driver.This can be either a standard SPI framework driver (provided by Xilinx and others) or a direct controller driver such as fsl-quadspi.c or fsl-flexspi.c. For the latest NXP processors, we have recently developed a cy-snor-flexspi.c (derived from fsl-flexspi.c), that should become public soon. It uses a different LUT setup (more commands) and a slightly different API than the original NXP/Freescale drivers.

We might do the same with the older quadspi driver, i.e. develop a cy-snor-quadspi.c. How does your project schedule look like? When would you need this driver?

Best regards,

Gernot

0 Likes

Hi Gernot,

Thanks for the information.

How long would it take to develop the cy-snor-quadspi.c driver? Not being able to write to the S70FS01GS NOR flash is holding up a bunch of things in our project so I need this driver as soon as possible. Is it possible that I can get it this week?

Regards,

Oliver

0 Likes

Hi Gernot,

Would it be possible to get the cy-snor-flexspi.c code?

Thanks,

Himesh

0 Likes

Hi Oliver,

usually it takes 2..4 weeks to develop such a HAL driver, after I have got a board.

Himesh,

please send me a direct eMail (the syntax is 1st_name.last_name@cypress.com ;-), then I can share the latest snapshot with you. Personal messages in the forum unfortunately do not support binary attachments.

Thanks,

Gernot

0 Likes