In S29GL256P, there is extended query address and get version. I want to know, what is the newest version?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rozh_4771381
Level 1
Level 1

In S29GL256P, there is extended query address and get version. I want to know, what is the newest version?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Robin,

CFI tables are divided into the following five separate parts:

1. CFI Query Identification String 

2. System Interface String 

3. Device Geometry Definition 

4. Primary Vendor-Specific Extended Query (Optional) 

5. Alternate Vendor-Specific Extended Query (Optional)

The first 3 tables are identical for all flash manufacturers and not changed. The version you are asking is for Primary Vendor-Specific Extended Query table which is vendor defined. GL-P flash family supports version 1.3 and will not be changed anymore. In our newer flash families (GL-S, GL-T), version 1.5 is supported, which is the latest version.

The newer version is backward compatible to the older version, with some new parameters defined in the table. All of our flash families support either version 1.3 or 1.5. Version 1.2 is very old version. I am not able to find its information anywhere. But in general, version 1.3 should be backward compatible to 1.2 and with more parameters defined.

Best Regards,

Yong

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
rozh_4771381
Level 1
Level 1

The extended query address will be shown as the following diagram.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Community.

I am sorry but I am not clear about your query. Could you please explain your question?

Thank you and Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes

Hi,

According to product datasheet, there are two register to read the version of FLASH.

I want to know the latest version of S29GL256P10TFI010.

== More ==

The register address and data will be shown as the following diagram.

It shows v1.3. In the future, when we get the new order, will the version number change?

Can you give more change log to describer the different version? Is there any difference between v1.2 and v1.3?

Thanks.

Robin.Zhao

Kyland Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.

T: (86)21-80321288-8505

F: (86)21-80321289

0 Likes

Hello Robin,

CFI tables are divided into the following five separate parts:

1. CFI Query Identification String 

2. System Interface String 

3. Device Geometry Definition 

4. Primary Vendor-Specific Extended Query (Optional) 

5. Alternate Vendor-Specific Extended Query (Optional)

The first 3 tables are identical for all flash manufacturers and not changed. The version you are asking is for Primary Vendor-Specific Extended Query table which is vendor defined. GL-P flash family supports version 1.3 and will not be changed anymore. In our newer flash families (GL-S, GL-T), version 1.5 is supported, which is the latest version.

The newer version is backward compatible to the older version, with some new parameters defined in the table. All of our flash families support either version 1.3 or 1.5. Version 1.2 is very old version. I am not able to find its information anywhere. But in general, version 1.3 should be backward compatible to 1.2 and with more parameters defined.

Best Regards,

Yong

0 Likes

Thanks for your help.

Robin.Zhao

0 Likes

Hi,

I always use GL-P , can I directly replace it by GL-S? I found GL-S is more cheap than GL-P.

Can you give me some advice if I want to directly replace it, or what matters need to to be noted?

Thanks.

Robin.Zhao

0 Likes

Hi Robin,

Yes, you can replace GL-P by GL-S. Please see the attached migration guide for detail.

Best Regards,

Yong

0 Likes