How to clear or reprogram S25FL128SAGMFi011 on DE-1 SoC (Altera FPGA) ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
HaotianCao
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi Officer,

I am currently trying to download flash (both sof and elf)file to EPCS (S25FL128SAGMFi011) on DE-1 SoC (Cyclone V 5CSEMA5F31C6).

By using the method in AN98558, I have succeeded downloading everything to my FPGA board and the command shell displays everything correctly. But it can only be proceeded once.

After the first time, I power off and on the FPGA board. Then I will get this error in Nios2 command shell: Error(209014): CONF_DONE pin failed to go high in device 2. Make sure all communication cables are securely connected, select a different device, check the power on the target system, or make sure all nCE pins are connected to GND.

I am a software engineer and I don't find any settings on Quartus that can set these pins. My questions are:

1.How can I reprogram the EPCS again via Nios2 command shell?

2. Do I need to use any external circuits or devices to actually set these pins to GND?

I am using Quartus 18.1 on windows 11 and the methods for Quartus 17 mentioned in AN98558 works perfect for me. I have attached the pictures of FPGA, S25FL128SAGMFi011 and the error message below. 

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
2 Replies
YongQ_16
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

Hello Haotian,

I would like to understand more detail of the failure. I have a few questions below:

1. When you say "succeeded downloading everything" for the first time, have you completed all the steps in the Application Note, i.e., until step 3.5?

2. When you tried the 2nd time, did you re-run starting from step 3.3?

Meanwhile, you may also check with Altera (Intel) technical support that what possible reasons for Error 209014. I see many discussions about Error 209014 on internet. Some says it may be incorrect set the device in Quartus® II project. Some says it might be power issue (e.g., FPGA device POR timing is not correct or power supply voltage level is not stable).

If you exactly followed the Application Note and re-run from step 3.3 for the 2nd time, you still have the same error, I suggest you to contact Intel technical support to find out what exact reason for Error 209014. 

Thanks!

Yong

0 Likes
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Haotian,

< 2nd NOTICE >

I would like to understand more detail of the failure. I have a few questions below:

1. When you say "succeeded downloading everything" for the first time, have you completed all the steps in the Application Note, i.e., until step 3.5?

2. When you tried the 2nd time, did you re-run starting from step 3.3?

Meanwhile, you may also check with Altera (Intel) technical support that what possible reasons for Error 209014. I see many discussions about Error 209014 on internet. Some says it may be incorrect set the device in Quartus® II project. Some says it might be power issue (e.g., FPGA device POR timing is not correct or power supply voltage level is not stable).

If you exactly followed the Application Note and re-run from step 3.3 for the 2nd time, you still have the same error, I suggest you to contact Intel technical support to find out what exact reason for Error 209014. 

Thanks!

Yong

< 2nd NOTICE >

0 Likes