GL-P to GL-S Replacement, About Writing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MAO
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 50 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Previously used S29GL128P90TFIR10 to S29GL256S90GHI020

We are considering making changes. The ROM was used by the supplier for the S29GL128P90TFIR10.

The ROM data is written in the bottom corner, and then the board is mounted.

After that, I am going to update the data from the CPU on the board, but S29GL128P,

The SL29GL256S data sheet description shows a different way of waiting for the Write Buffer Program to complete.

Can you tell me if the one implemented in the S29GL128P scheme works with the S29GL256S?

The above data update is conventionally performed on the board, and the CPU FW is not changed.

The intention is to check whether the S29GL256S90GHI020 can be updated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ronak
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hi @MAO ,

You can refer to the application note: AN98586 - Migration from GL-N and GL-P to GL-S Flash.

No software modifications are required to operate with a 32 byte or 64 byte maximum write buffer fill supported by the GL-N and GL-P flash, respectively.

Thanks,
Ronak

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ronak

Hi 

I feel that the sentence "After that, I am going to update the data from the CPU on the board, but S29GL128P" Can you please elaborate on this?

Can you also please let us know what do you mean by bottom corner?

Thanks,
Ronak

0 Likes
MAO
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 50 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Sorry. The writing was crazy. Thank you below.

The S29GL128P and SL29GL256S data sheet descriptions you are currently using differ in how you wait for the Write Buffer Program to complete.

Can you also please let us know what do you mean by bottom corner?→Write in order from bottom to bottom

0 Likes
Ronak

Hi @MAO ,

You can refer to the application note: AN98586 - Migration from GL-N and GL-P to GL-S Flash.

No software modifications are required to operate with a 32 byte or 64 byte maximum write buffer fill supported by the GL-N and GL-P flash, respectively.

Thanks,
Ronak