Flash memory for pcie bus

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jasonhuang
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

Currently I am using S25FL256S SPI Flash Memory to interface with FPGA and to hold the FPGA image. When I need to update the FPGA image, I have to reprogram the Flash Memory via Xilinx's software tool, JTAG cable, and FPGA.

Is there a Flash Memory that is accessible by PCIe bus and has all the I/Os for interfacing with FPGA? I want to reprogram the Flash Memory via the PCIe bus, not through Xilinx's tool, JTAG and FPGA. Once the Flash Memory is programmed, power cycling should load the image from Flash Memory to the FPGA.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Jason

1 Solution
Yuvraj
250 replies posted 25 likes received 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Infineon Technologies.

Don't think we can directly connect Flash to PCIe bus. Any kinds of glue or bridge logic are required. You need SPI host controller to access to SPI Flash. Therefore, if you implement SPI host controller on the PCIe bus, you can indirectly access to Flash.  

Thanks and Regards,

Yuvraj 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yuvraj
250 replies posted 25 likes received 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Infineon Technologies.

Don't think we can directly connect Flash to PCIe bus. Any kinds of glue or bridge logic are required. You need SPI host controller to access to SPI Flash. Therefore, if you implement SPI host controller on the PCIe bus, you can indirectly access to Flash.  

Thanks and Regards,

Yuvraj 

0 Likes