FL128SAIF00

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
C0CAC01A
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Hi fellows,

I am working on a project where the FL128SAIF00 is used.

It is accessed with an Intel FPGA using their Generic Serial Flash Controller IP Core.

Mostly all commands work as expected ( writing and the bulk erase work seamlessly).

Except the sector erase command and I have no clue why this command won't work.

The problem is that the sector erase command erases more content than intended.

If something is written to e.g. address 0x0 and something else to 0x400000 and then the sector 0 (with the address 0x0) gets erased, the content on 0x400000 will also be erased.

I configured the generic flash controller to 3 byte addressing and as sector erase command I tried 0x20 and 0xD8. However, no success so far.

Any idea what might go wrong?

Cheers,

C0CAC01A

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuvraj
250 replies posted 25 likes received 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Yes, correct for the part, you mentioned S25FL128SAIF00 supports 64-KB sectors with Hybrid 4-KB sectors.

S25FL128S device family supports both Hybrid sector size option - physical set of thirty-two 4-KB sectors at top or bottom of address space with all remaining sectors of 64 KB, and Uniform sector option - always erase 256-KB depending on ordering part number.

Hope it clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Yuvraj 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Yuvraj

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Infineon Technologies.

Please make sure sector size is configured in controller should be identical with sector size in FLASH.

According to full part number of FLASH it supports Uniform 64-KB sectors with Hybrid 4-KB sectors please make sure you configure this sector size in controller.

Regards,

Yuvraj 

0 Likes
C0CAC01A
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Dear Yuvraj,

thank you for the fast response.

In the end I did use the Intel IP core in a wrong way, the provided information from you is from importance for me. From my understanding, the flash does not support a 256 sector erase. It is limited to 64-KB sectors with Hybrid 4-KB sectors like you  mentioned. Is that correct?

Best Regards

0 Likes
Yuvraj

Hi,

Yes, correct for the part, you mentioned S25FL128SAIF00 supports 64-KB sectors with Hybrid 4-KB sectors.

S25FL128S device family supports both Hybrid sector size option - physical set of thirty-two 4-KB sectors at top or bottom of address space with all remaining sectors of 64 KB, and Uniform sector option - always erase 256-KB depending on ordering part number.

Hope it clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Yuvraj