Examples hot to progran Semper Flash S25HL512T. in PSOC or any other ARM ..

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
maes_4835196
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

-Hello,  I can´t  find  any possibility to generate code  example  for   SMIF using  the  configuration Tool  in  the  PSOC .

for  the  memory  Semper flash  S25HL512T. Not listed  in the  database  of  that  configuration tool ..  in   Where  is  there  any version ( or  a  general  example  fro  ARMs  ) that includes  the  semper  Flash  above ?. 

Some  infromation I found looks  to be  confusing  .. :

There  is  a  KIT https://www.cypress.com/products/semper-nor-flash-memory     for the  S25HL512T  semper  flash,  but  the  example  which is  indicated in the  same  page,  is  actually  for S25FL512S,  which is  NOT a   Semper  and  differs.

can someone help  me ?  .

Thanks.

MAES  ( Rutronik)

0 Likes
1 Solution
TareeshK_21
Employee
Employee
5 replies posted First solution authored First reply posted

Hi Maes,

The easiest way to get this working is to use Auto_detect_SFDP option in the pull-down as all semper memories support SFDP.

If you want to avoid SFDP then, the Semper Flash family is supported in ModusToolbox, please download the latest version here:

https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox#tabs-0-bottom_side-6

If it is not possible to switch over to modustoolbox, we can have the following options

1) Create a new .cymem file for S25HL512T, go to File > create *.cymem Then you can input the values from the datasheet.

2) use the .cymem  file from modustoolbox in PSoC Creator. I have zipped and attached it here for reference. This is included with modustoolbox and should work with PSoC Creator as well, with some minor warning

Regards,

Tareesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @maes_4835196 

• Could you please tell which IDE are you using?
  • You have mentioned about some configuration tool. Can you please elaborate about that? What are the changes that you need to make to the tool to generate the code example for SEMPER? Does it require any Semper specific timing values or any SEMPER specific command etc.? If you need help to configure the tool for SEMPER, we can help you with that.
  • Regarding kits with SEMPER flash, you can reach out to Tareesh.Kamath@infineon.com.

Regards.

0 Likes
maes_4835196
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hello, 

-I´m using  the  PSOC Creator 4.4.

-This  IDE PSoC creator 4.4 contains the Tool  "SMIF configuration Tool".  This Tool generates code the PSoC 6 just providing some  parameters  about memory part number, transaction mode  type  etc...  for the  read-write  etc  functions  from  cPU <--> memory transactions.  See  images bellow. 

It turns out that in the list  of  memories of the "SMIF configuration Tool´s  part  numbers  I can´t find  the semper S25HL512T.  For your info, the background is that  I want  to redesign a circuit  currently using  ST25FL512S---  into --->  S25HL512T. I expected  to find  some  examples  of  code in the  web  but I could not do it  easily,  and  I need  to  check  which  changes  shall we  made, for  this  change.... I want to understand  whether  I can ideally  replace  the chip (ST25FL512S) from  the current  board  and  just  solder  the new S25HL512T on its place on the  board,  whenever  is possible  with no SW  changes ( Minor  changes  like  ID are  of course acceptable).

maes_4835196_0-1629455712167.png

maes_4835196_1-1629455856552.png

If  you can  tell me  how  to  get the ST25HL512T  into the part  numbers database  of the  SMIF  configuration tool , it  would be  good. 

Note  By the  way, The reason to use  PSoC6 is because  it is  the only CPU  supported  for  this  sort  of  information of  code  etc  in Cypress`s   Web ,  the  best  would  be  to  have  some  example  codes  for  any  CPU,  this  means  a  real  Source  code.. (maybe Cypress would admit  this  policy).

Thanks in advance.

MAES

0 Likes
TareeshK_21
Employee
Employee
5 replies posted First solution authored First reply posted

Hi Maes,

The easiest way to get this working is to use Auto_detect_SFDP option in the pull-down as all semper memories support SFDP.

If you want to avoid SFDP then, the Semper Flash family is supported in ModusToolbox, please download the latest version here:

https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox#tabs-0-bottom_side-6

If it is not possible to switch over to modustoolbox, we can have the following options

1) Create a new .cymem file for S25HL512T, go to File > create *.cymem Then you can input the values from the datasheet.

2) use the .cymem  file from modustoolbox in PSoC Creator. I have zipped and attached it here for reference. This is included with modustoolbox and should work with PSoC Creator as well, with some minor warning

Regards,

Tareesh

0 Likes