Do CYPRESS have any preparation for A-SPICE??

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HaJa_4575196
Level 1
Level 1

Recently I heard that European Automotive OEMs are requesting A-SPICE from Components.

while studing A-SPICE, I was wondering if CYPRESS was preparing for or already achieving A-SPICE level.

As far as i checked on cypress homepage,

some of CYPRESS's products ,such as, NOR FLASH and FRAM meets the ISO26262 standard.

However, I couldn't find any documents about A-SPICE level.

Do CYPRESS have any preparation for A-SPICE?? (especially at NAND FLASH)

If cypress already have, please let me know what product it is.

Thanks in advance for your response.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello Hansol Jang,

Current generation of Cypress NOR flash devices are not A-SPICE compliant. But, we are working on next generation of NOR flash devices, which will be A-SPICE compliant.

NAND memory business of Cypress is currently with SkyHigh Memory​, I suggest you to contact them for details about the NAND devices.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

HaJa,

I'm not with Cypress but I do work in the automotive industry.

I cannot speak to your A-SPICE inquiry.  However, Cypress does have a list off components that are automotive-grade.  This includes their PSoC4 and PSoC6, Traveo  MCUs and a number of their FLASH and FRAM products.  They meet AEC Q100 qualiications.

If European Auto OEMs want to change the rules, that is an issue I assume that Cypress is aware of.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello Hansol Jang,

Current generation of Cypress NOR flash devices are not A-SPICE compliant. But, we are working on next generation of NOR flash devices, which will be A-SPICE compliant.

NAND memory business of Cypress is currently with SkyHigh Memory​, I suggest you to contact them for details about the NAND devices.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes