interfacing CY15FRAMKIT-002 quad SPI F-RAM development kit to a STM STM32L433RC-P Nucleo board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ac_bit235711
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello Community,

I am new to Cypress-Infineon F-RAM products. To start experimenting on CY15FRAMKIT-002, I got STM Nucleo STM32L433RC-P development board and the installed the KEIL ARM uVision 5.37.0.0 as reported on document 002-23147 Rev. *A: "Infineon-CY15FRAMKIT-002_Kit_User_Guide-UserManual-v01_00-EN.pdf". However, pack installer uVision seems no (longer) to recognise this particular board. Did anyone had similar experience and can help me on moving a bit forward? Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Shubham_D
10 likes received First question asked 50 solutions authored

Hi @ac_bit235711 ,

We are not exactly clear with the problem statement, are you facing issue with the "STM Nucleo STM32L433RC-P" board that is not recognize by the KEIL ARM uVision 5.37.0.0 then please contact STM support team with the same issue

And if you are facing any issue with the "CY15FRAMKIT-002" kit then provide us some more clarification 

Thanks,

Shubham

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Shubham_D

Hi @ac_bit235711 ,

We are not exactly clear with the problem statement, are you facing issue with the "STM Nucleo STM32L433RC-P" board that is not recognize by the KEIL ARM uVision 5.37.0.0 then please contact STM support team with the same issue

And if you are facing any issue with the "CY15FRAMKIT-002" kit then provide us some more clarification 

Thanks,

Shubham

0 Likes
ac_bit235711
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello Subham, 

thanks for your answer. I was looking for the quickest way to start playing with the Quad SPI FRAM, and found that example project and firmware was downloadable from the Cypress comminity to drive the CY15FRAMKIT-002. The only thing I needed was a NUCLEO STM32L433-RC development board and the KEIL u-Vision. I got them and found that the KEIL doesn't longer recognize that NUCLEO board model but recent models of the STM32Lxxx family, so I cannot use the  example downloaded from the community, that was aimed to that particular model, "as is".  Of course it's my bad, as I don't know u-Vision enough to understand what to change in order to make it work on NUCLEO STM32L433-RC and the libraries downloaded from the Cypress community. I'll try to figure it out, what I was asking to the community was if anyone else experienced something somilar to what I did and can provide any hint on how to get to the core of the matter, that is to work on the FRAM.  Thanks

0 Likes
Shubham_D

Hi @ac_bit235711 ,

Are you still facing this issue? better you please check with STMicroelectronics for further assistance for  KEIL u-Vision which is compatible for your board "NUCLEO STM32L433-RC"

Thanks,
Shubham

0 Likes
I didn’t do much progress but had not too time to work on it. I will ask STM support as you suggest. Thanks. Regards. Alberto
0 Likes