cy14b101i-sfxi connection and read and write operation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Heman_2020
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I have interfaced cy14b101i-sfxi with my NXP Processor. While checking the read write operation, rtc, i am not getting any data? Can you help me to resolve the issue?

Attaching the interface diagram of my design? Please let me know the connections are correct or not? Also, what will be the status of HSB pin my design?

Heman_2020_0-1638947659999.png

Regards

Hemant

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ritwick_S
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi Hemant,

> Please connect only a pull-up resistor to the HSB/ line, not both (which I see in your schematic).

> Kindly perform the read and write operations again, making sure you are meeting all the specs given on page no. 33 & 34 in the datasheet.

Also, INT/SQW line is an output line, so may I know why you connected a pull-up resistor to that?

Thanks,
Ritwick

0 Likes

Hi Ritwick,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have modified the circuit depending upon your suggestion. (i.e. Add the pullup resistor on HSB pin and removed from int/sqw pin)

But After trying to read the device id before proceed further i am not able to read the address of the in my i2c lines. Currently, for read and write operation, i am using address of 0x50 and for RTC i am using address 0x68. Please help me to resolve the issue.

thanks

Hemant

0 Likes
Ritwick_S
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi Hemant,

Were you able to read the device id? If not, could you please let us know the steps you were following to read the device id?

Thanks,

Ritwick

0 Likes